1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACLU Steps In: Asks Metrodome To Not Use "Redskins" (RANT INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aclu-asks-vikings-stadium-not-to-use-redskins-name-102513

ACLU asking Metrodome officials to refrain from ANY use of the word Redskins when Washington visits Minnesota next month.

I have had enough of the P-C crowd and this is a request the Vikes and the Metrodome just ought to blow off and ignore. If they give in to this pressure, who knows what's next -- a similar request of anyone playing K. C. Chiefs or Cleveland Indians???

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! If the Metrodome caves in (pun partially intended) to this, people who think this kind of P-C stupidity ought to stand up and let them know ACLU is vocal MINORITY pushing its weight around when no one else seems bothered by the fact that the REDSKINS are coming to town.

OK.....I'm done ranting -- just not done being ANGRY at the P-C crowd.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hearing that the major networks are now going to digitally take out Redskin logo
    on their game broadcasts.

Why all of a sudden did this on going saga seem to hit critical
    mass in past few weeks? It's been going on for a long time but
    it now seems to be ramped up.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As shown in the Univ of Colorado story, they don't want halloween costumes as cowboys or indians. Cowboys are next.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm really looking forward to the next time the San Francisco Slant Eyes come to town.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd much rather they digitally alter Dick Stockton's image and hair plugs when he appears onscreen.

You talk about offensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.