1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACLU says bathroom sexcapades are none of the gov's damn business!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Jan 16, 2008.

1. SigR

SigR Member

[Digression On]

I agree with you, but suggest this: Don't be so callous about it. It is, after all, a potential human being you are talking about.

That's what makes me angry when I defend "choice" in the abortion debate--seeing liberals dance with their friends talking about how great it is to abort babies. Not that I actually see it, but their rhetoric often produces that imagery.

Abortion is profoundly immoral, but there are two sets of rights at play--the *actual* rights of the mother and the *potential* rights of the fetus. It basically becomes a choice between the lesser of two evils, the greater evil being government interfering with the right of an actual person to do what she wants with her body, no matter how immoral that action might be.

[/Off]

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Umm, I don't think anyone cheers about abortion, even those of us who believe that a woman should have a right to choose. I'd love to live in a world without abortion, but it just isn't possible.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Everyone's head the expression "A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged."
    Well, I guess in some cases a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested.

4. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

It's too bad the unborn child doesn't have a choice over whether or not it dies.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

The thing I love about this thread is the lack of anything resembling recitation of talking points.

6. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Neither do abortion and privacy.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

They don't? Explain, please.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I think it's that politics sometimes creates strange stallmates.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Every other medical decision does. Guess we're gonna have to start letting the government decide who gets a vasectomy. Personally, I hope they start with you.

10. Point of Order

Wingnut threadjack.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Is that better than a Renfro jack?

12. Point of Order

I dunno, but it's too bad that guy died.

Draft saved Draft deleted