1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accused cop-killer strangled in jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, still don't care... Glad he's dead, hope he suffered, hope he's rotting in hell...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Another Amen.

Some of the responses on this thread are a tad depressing, though definitely not surprising.

3. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, let's mourn the loss of a cop killer...

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, for those who can't read...ACCUSED cop killer. Not convicted. Nobody even had the chance to prove it.

And it isn't just about him. It is about somebody who is supposed to be upholding the law deciding instead to take it into his own hands and murder this guy in his jail cell.

If I was part of the murdered police officer's family, or one of his friends, I would want to know for sure, I would want to see the bastard who did it tried and convicted....proven to be the killer. Then I'd be hoping he takes a shank in the back and bleeds out very slowly.

Save the vigilante crap for the movies.

5. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

This kind of stuff depresses me to no end. It's the same mentality of people justifying our nation's use of torture because those guys would do it to us.

To me, the entire point of our country, of our reverence for the rights of individuals, is that we don't do shit like this. We don't murder guys in their jail cells. We don't torture people, or lock them up and throw away the key without giving them a chance to demonstrate their innocence.

As Lincoln said, "We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth." It's a hell of a lot harder, involves a lot more work, and enacts a higher cost to uphold those noble ideals. But it's worth it. Unfortunately, when things like this happen, and then when people -- particularly people who are presumably well-informed and whose entire livelihood is made possible by the ideals put forth in the First Amendment -- celebrate such actions, it makes me think we are meanly losing.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Hey, Mizzou, how does the Constitution's ass taste?

8. Mizzougrad96

You mean the same document that says we still have the right to bear arms?

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What does that even mean?

10. You're silly. And your constant need to prove your tough, manliness through words you type on a keyboard is pathetic.

Oh, I almost forgot: :)

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

You can't even get the emoticon right, moron. :D

12. :) ;) :D ;D :mad: :( :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted