1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to these guys, Magic faked AIDS ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 10, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApZhkD0EgnZx2EjfEMPfo6Y5nYcB?slug=ap-magicjohnson&prov=ap&type=lgns

... Wow.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think he faked it.

I do believe he is taking some drug that is not FDA approved that has either cured him or stopped HIV from turning into AIDS. There are rumors that drugs like that are in the trial stages in Russia and South America.

It's been 17 years. He clearly has access to something that the rest of the people who are infected can't get.

Do I have any proof? Of course not.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At the rate he's going, he'll keel over from clogging of the arteries long before AIDS ever gets him.

Dude must be pushing four bills. (Of course, he is 6-9, but he has blown right past 'chunky' to a full-fledged load of lard.)

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, he's the first person in history to contract HIV and gain 100 pounds.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm trying to remember who you stole that from :D

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the old line about David Crosby: "How can you respect someone who does cocaine and is fat?"

8. You're an idiot, and you have no idea how this disease works.

I know someone who was diagnosed in 1982. NINETEEN EIGHTY TWO. He is not wealthy. He is not middle class. It wasn't even called "HIV" when he was diagnosed. And he is still alive and a functioning member of society. He also doesn't have any fucking wonder drugs, you fucking ignorant moron.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice talk.

10. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

His gaining that much weight always has had me wondering about the legitamacy of his claim, but who the hell knows.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, the fact that he's still alive isn't something that we should be thankful for, but something we should be suspicious of.
    Holy crap - you think he'd make something like that up? Really?

12. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Dan,

If your question is aimed at me, my answer is that I don't know the man, so I don't know. I've known two people who contracted the disease and they wilted to nothing before dying. I'm just saying that it's weird he's beefed up so much. I'm not accussing him of lying, just saying it's not normal for someone to catch HIV and gain a ton of weight.

Draft saved Draft deleted