1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to Jim - Series Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 2, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One thing that amazes me is that people still pitch the "crazy dad is just like a kid" with a wacky neighbor sitcom, and that studios still buy them. The Bob Saget show, the Engvall show - amazingly bad.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tebow, this explains so, so much.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can understand watching this show since it's in syndication and on about five times a day.

Loving it? Uh.... Yeah, that I can't understand...

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Like Mark Addy in the atrocious Still Standing, According to Jim fails mostly because Jim Belushi (and his character) is completely unlikeable and obnoxious. If the father characters are going to be schmucks, at least make them entertaining and endearing like a Homer Simpson.

Well, that and bad writing.

From the episodes I've seen, it's still watchable because of Thorne-Smith and Larry Joe Campbell is solid in his role.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He also loves the George Lopez show.

6. DanOregon

Sitcoms are weird - it's like the older and fatter the "dad" the hotter and younger the wife.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The George Lopez Show makes According to Jim look like All in the Family.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

According to Jim is absurd in the extreme. I remember the Very Special Episode...the one that actually had a laugh-worthy joke.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Repped for real talk.

11. DanOregon

So the "finale" features a "is Jim going to heaven or hell" trial with Lee Majors as God, and Erik Estrada as the devil.

But Kimberly Williams is back - so there's that.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Okay, how weird is it that Farrah Fawcett is dying.....and Lee Majors is playing God? ???

Draft saved Draft deleted