1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accident with uninsured motorist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 9, 2015.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Because if you do someday have something, an accident like this won't take it away.

2. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

First off, sorry to hear of about your accident.

I was ran off the road around 2005 or so by an 18-wheeler. It was on a two-lane road. He was turning into a gravel parking lot and I was on my way in the opposite direction. He never saw me coming at 45 mph and started to turn. I swerved to the right and went into a ditch. He didn't have insurance, but he offered to pay for all of my repairs if I sent him the bill. The cost was around $800-1,000. He paid the bill, though I don't believe his wife was too happy about it.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I have one of those too. I pay it. Why do i get penalized for doing what is "right" when lazy, selfish, asshole slackers can take advantage of people like me without penalty?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This happened to a teacher 3 minutes before she walked up to her car yesterday during her school's state semifinal softball game. Lefty batter, late on a fastball, sliced it a few hundred feet straight into the middle of her back window.

11403340_10153398127499371_4410330967878201701_n.jpg

11146520_10153398127589371_1466329134517087532_o.jpg

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Apparently someone in this teacher's home plays tennis ... and someone's potty training.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've been looking at that photo, trying to figure out what is in the potty. Are those sunflower seeds? I know some of it is glass. I guess if your kids have outgrown the potty, you could spit shells at it.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Did you not call the police? Or was the driver not there? Because driving without insurance is a pretty serious offense in most places, usually carrying with it at least a steep fine and a license suspension (not that that deters the type to go without insurance).

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Yes, police came and he was issued a citation for lack of insurance. So he'll just not pay that and get hauled off to jail after a warrant is issued, or he'll pay the couple hundred dollars and still avoid giving me anything and be just peachy legally. Not like a ruined credit score matters to him.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Like I said, send a couple of large men to his house.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When I played Little League 100 years ago, one of the dads, who also was our team sponsor, would park his pickup behind the centerfield fence.

We won one game when our best player hit a home run that went right through the windshield. The dad had the windshield mounted, with the ball, and presented it to the kid at the end of the season.

Iron_chet likes this.
  11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why folks park so close to a field like that.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, your insurance company should go after him.

Draft saved Draft deleted