1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accident on the Bay Bridge in Maryland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by blueview, Aug 10, 2008.

1. A beautiful drive, but frightening just the same. First time I drove across it was when I was working for my college paper, traveling to a rival university to cover a football game. The SID's assistant, who was riding with me at the time, managed to calm my shattered nerves by turning on WJJZ and having me sing along to George Benson's "Give Me The Night."

2. I too am very afraid of bridges including this one. When I got married on the Eastern Shore, my mom had to drive me across.

Q: Is there a difference between fear of bridges, heights and falling? Or is it all the same fear?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

There has to be, right? Otherwise, if it's all about height and/or falling, how could someone be afraid of a bridge, but not flying?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I am more intimidated by the crushing blight on either end of the Skyway than I am the wind conditions.

Draft saved Draft deleted