1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accident in the snow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Adding some levity to a serious thread ... I saw the thread title and I thought, "Don't eat the yellow snow!"

Glad you're OK.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've been checking the value of my car on Kelley's and Edmund's sites. My guess is that it will cost more to fix than it's worth so it will be totalled.
    Depending on what numbers the insurance company is using and considering the $500 deductable that I have to pay, I could get anywhere from nothing at all to $500.
    Do insurance companies use the trade-in, retail or private party value?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I saw the thread title and wondered what Chef did this time.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You're OK -- keep reminding yourself that this is what matters most. But sorry for the pain/expense you have to endure.

At least you didn't get a ticket, right? I once rolled my car on a snowy mountain pass that probably should have been closed. A big rig passed me and the wake took me out. Fortunately, I rolled into a deep, open field of snow so I wasn't really injured.

A state patrol car finally shows up -- thank god, help! -- and the guy takes my license and walks off for a few minutes, then returns and hands me a ticket for "driving too fast for conditions."

Shocked, I reply, "But I was only going 15 miles an hour!"
    "Well, guess you should have been going 10," he says, and walks to his car and drives away.

6. Smallpotatoes

What a jerk that guy was.
    Did you contest it?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Glad you're ok, SP...
    One thing I don't get, though..cop acted like he was doing you a favor. It was snowing, what could he possibly cite you for?

8. Smallpotatoes

I think the same reason ArnoldBabar was cited, going too fast under the conditions.
    I'll say this, however: If I get a surcharge, I will fight it.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

You better - that's crap.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I thought you said you didn't get a ticke, smapo?

11. Smallpotatoes

I didn't, but if I'm concerned about my insurance rates going up anyway if the insurance commission can do that.

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Glad you're all right, taters.

Yet another example of why I'm glad I never have to deal with snow.

Draft saved Draft deleted