1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ACC title game moving

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The game has no business in Florida? Why, the Carolinas are the standard for football states? The dumbass part of having the game in Jacksonville was the losing usually ended up in the Gator Bowl six weeks later.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Classic.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This game should be held in DC or Baltimore. Maryland, UVA, VTech, NC State, Carolina, Duke, Wake, Clemson and probably BC are all within an eight hour drive of FedSex Field or M&T Bank Stadium. Plus there's easy access off of I-95, especially in Baltimore.

4. chester

chester Member

Don't they hold the Army/Navy game in Baltimore that same weekend every year. Or do they bounce between Baltimore and Philly?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It was in Philly this year so I believe that they either bounce or Philly hosts it permanently now. Also, DC is probably the biggest market that cares about ACC football. Jacksonville is Gator territory. Tampa is FSU, Florida and now South Florida country. DC has a buncha Virginia Tech, Md, UVA alums.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Charlotte is a better geographical center. Only Miami and Boston College would have to travel more than eight hours by vehicle.

D.C./Baltimore should get a chance for it at some point, though. They've supported the ACC very well in the past in other sports.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What's wrong with this crowd?
    [​IMG]

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I thought Army/Navy was in Baltimore this year.

It's usually in Philly, but they've experimented with going to Baltimore on a few occasions. Last time they played it there before this year was 2000, I think.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There appear to be a lot of North Carolina fans there?

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And, yes, FedEx/M&T are the ONLY two places outside the Carolinas that ever should host an ACC title game. And even then, that'd be a reach.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Nice to see that Dress Like Your Favorite Smurf Day was so popular. Who knew there were so many Papa Smurf fans?

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

looks like there were more there for that game than the tech-wake game the year before

there's only one weekend a year anyone in their right mind would want to go to the hellhole that is jacksonville -- although i do put it ahead of lake city on my list of places to visit in florida, so it's got that going for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted