1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Academy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

We were watching the "E!" pregame, and it's so obnoxious I have to mute the television. First of all, the guy asks the most inane, idiotic questions. He asked Leonardo DiCaprio three times in a row what he would say if he won tonight. Leo kept saying, "I don't know, you'll have to find out." And the idiot would go, "Come on, just a little bit. Come on." It's the most awkward night on TV.

That being said - these fucking stars could stand to be a little more gracious with the little people who stick microphones in their face on this night, of all nights. I know it's obnoxious. I know the questions are idiotic. But these are extremely bright and talented people who usually have a lot of thoughts. And they sit there and give one-word grunts like they're the kid in the back of the high school English class. It just pisses me off. These people are making millions per picture, much of it because of spectacles like the Oscars and the nation's obsession with celebrity, but they can't lower themselves on this one night to treat someone on live TV with a shred of dignity? They'd rather just leave them hanging there and be totally stand-office and a prick/bitch?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy shit. Here he is again. Not to belabor the point, but the cape would be the least gay thing about him. He makes Richard Simmons look like the Marlboro man.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Patricia Field's dress was quite smashing, as well.

I thought the same thing. However, if the dress was darker it would have made her look even pastier.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who beat?

5. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Nah PC is not JDV's type. Too small, I would break her - more of a Denise Richards, Demi Moore, Jessica Biel type. Of course Carmen Electra is small as well, but is so hot we will make an exception.

Anyway, interesting that you start this thread 21 - JDV as a master of pop culture is going to have a video special later covering the awards in JDV special style.

I am trying to reach Rok now to join in - any SJ's that want to join the fun PM me and I will give you my digits to dial in.

This is going to be solid!!

JDV

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Are you looking at Lisa Ling? She's been in Ghana for National Geographic. Maybe she contracted scurvy.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, pringle, the stars being interviewed aren't all that bright -- at least many of them. and some of the questions are so vapid, what can you expect. seacrest is a moron. 8)

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That made me laugh out loud.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She's worn dark colors before and looked lovely. Maybe if had been less of ice cream color?

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Apparently. Someone called her Lisa.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I like this opening thing with the nominees.

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Oh, I think most of them are bright. Acting is a fairly intellectual pursuit. I just think they show little grace when they treat people that way on the red carpet, even if the people are morons.

Draft saved Draft deleted