1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Academic authority Nick Saban takes potshot at South Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Coach Harris: You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope - some day my son will grow to be a man. Well look at you now. You just got your asses whipped by a bunch of goddamn nerds.
    [shouts]
    Coach Harris: Nerds! Well, if I was you, I'd do something about it. I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my maker, and my coach!

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Self-gratification.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At Alabama?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, "The Final Solution," has already been taken.

6. It's not going to matter, Leavitt will be coaching elsewhere next season.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not a chance in hell.

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Has it occured to anybody that maybe, just maybe, Leavitt has turned down all those jobs because he's allowed to cheat his ass off at South Florida and can take anybody as long as they spell their name right on the SAT?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think other schools wouldn't allow him to cheat in order to build a winning program?

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Except for the fact that he's a St. Petersburg native, loves the place he's in and the fact that he has built this program from scratch.

He could have been in the running for the K-State job a couple of years ago. Didn't want it. I'd like to see any evidence you have of cheating, because right now you're sounding as ridiculous as Saban.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Shouldnt he have better results over the past six years then? And would a school that was previously known for harboring a terrorist sympathizer really want the reputation of that and cheating football on its resume?

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Everybody cheats.

Everybody can get the really good players into school.

Leavitt isn't cheating any worse than Saban. And the admission standards for football players at UA are no tougher than they are at USF.

Draft saved Draft deleted