1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Academic authority Nick Saban takes potshot at South Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

When I was covering Missouri football, the popular major was "general agriculture." Not sure if it was legit.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

LSU grad rate during the Saban years: 51%; USF in the same time (players entering 1997-2000): 61%

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'll take "preaching to the choir" for $800, Alex.

What is Saban is a douchebag?

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Like Saban has room to talk. Taking a look at the schools he's coached and where they rank nationally, academically of course:

Michigan State -- 71st
    Alabama -- 91st
    LSU -- Tier 3 school, not ranked in top 125
    Kent State -- Tier 3 school, not ranked in top 125

So, exactly, what would he know about strict admission standards? It's not like he's coached at Southern Cal, Vanderbilt, Duke or Stanford.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I believe they have a golf management major, but I think you have to meet handicap criteria to get in.

Does English qualify as a useless major?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You'd like to think so, yes.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Fuck Nick Saban.

Maybe Mr. Midget should audit a course on ethics now that he's back on the college scene.

Meanwhile, South Florida would drag his dog-ass team up and down the field.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Couple of observations.

First, the not letting assistants talk thing, it only works if the head coach doesn't consistently shit on himself every time he opens his mouth. For God's sakes, just shut up already.

Second, if you're gonna put a full-body shot of Saban on the cover of your media guide, here's a tip: Make the little bastard dress up. It looks like they Photoshopped a pic of the guy strolling through the parking lot.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

EDITOR'S NOTE: The person in this photo is actual size.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Saban and Leavitt can schedule a home-and-home to discuss "academics," something many of these pussy assed SEC schools are relucant to do right now. Florida has USF on the schedule twice, both times in Gainesville. No return trip. And Florida State is nowhere to be found on the schedule. I'll give Miami props for scheuling a five-game series with them it appears, with three in Tampa. Miami can obviously have emapathy from its struggles 30 years ago to be respected. Apparently Buford T Justice in Tallahassee has forgotten his.

EDIT: Miami scheduled a six-gamer, with the first played in the Orange Bowl last year or the year before.

12. Wow.

Not a very intimidating photo. He's got on shorts and some type of hefty bag-vest thing. You'd think they'd dress him up and model him to look something like the guys in the Reservoir Dogs title scene.

The open-palm walk and little girl socks don't quite do the trick.

Draft saved Draft deleted