1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About what are you a snob?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

bookstores, candles, apple juice

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A friend reminded me, I'm also a Mac/Apple/iPod/iPhone snob.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd like to agree, but nearest Publix is 25 minutes away.
    Cheese, meat, gourmet sausage... clothes, tho I dress like a slob when I work from home, my closet is well stocked...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Shoes, cats (must be rescued kitties), beer and art.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Favorite SportsJournalists.com posters. :D

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sandlot baseball.

Obscure high school football stadiums.

And rain.

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Probably just beer.

Reading these threads the past couple days, I think I need to up my standards about things.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

When I think about it, I'm a snob about quite a few things. Some of it random, like refusing to take a blow dryer to my hair. Some of it common, like laughing at women with horrific hair dye jobs (yes, you, Rachel Nichols).

But I don't think that makes me a snob, in the overall sense of the word. Maybe it does, I don't know.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think there is a sliding scale of snobbery. Me, I'm English, so obviously I'm a snob about pretty much everything.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Everything but beer.

I'll gladly throw down a Miller High Life while watching The Passion Of Joan Of Arc.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Light and/or lite beer. Almost beer but not quite. Should not be imbibed by fully-actualized humans.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, I'm pretty liberal. Generally, with the girl, she's pretty good. We went on a long road trip a couple weeks ago, and she asked me on the first load, "Is there anything you want to hear?" I own the music, so whatever the guest wants to play, goes. If I'm in the mood for something, I'll request it. But I'm pretty lenient on that, so long as I like the music.

Draft saved Draft deleted