1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About what are you a snob?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 1, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I thought that was a fairly universal rule, driver picks the music.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, I think it is. If I'm driving, I pick the music, but of course I try to pick something that everyone in the car will enjoy listening to. If everyone in the car agrees on a request, that usually works.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm rapidly becoming a stadium seat snob, when I can afford to be one. If I'm going to schlep out of state to take in a night of MLB or NHL, what's another $20 to keep me out of nosebleed city?

Oh, and Publix is turning me into a grocery store snob.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Movies. I think I know more about them than 99 percent of the people I know and 95 percent of the people I meet.

I like the fact that if they ever made a movie version of "Name that Tune," I could name damn near any movie within the first three seconds of it being on, even if I haven't seen it.

I like that I can recognize many composers' music without having to see the credits (and not just John Williams).

And I like that I once tried to coax eight of my friends to play as a team against me in the game "Scene it?" and their response was "Let's play Cranium!"

That's what's great about this site. There are several posters who see as many, if not more, movies than I do and can speak intelligently about them without saying things like, "But Brad Pitt looked so hot in 'Meet Joe Black!'" or "Tom Green was hilarious in that movie about getting fingered!"

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I second the Wal-Mart thing, I will never set foot in another one. I went when I lived in this town in Southern Oregon because there was no other place that I could find Madden 08, at midnite after a desk shift on a Sunday.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Food, especially cheesecakes and Italian sauces.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I refuse to listen to anything but satellite radio.

And I am also a snob about pens. Has to be a Bic Roller.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Having acquired a water purifying filter at Christmas, I'll be damned if I ever swig straight out of the tap again.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'll second that, although the key phrase is "when I can afford it."

I blame Dodger Stadium for turning me into one, because it's the only stadium I've been to where you can't leave the section you're sitting in. If you have an upper-level seat, you enter at the upper level and you can't go down -- not even just to walk the concourse.

I only go to 1-2 games at Dodger Stadium a year now, so I'll usually splurge for the $40 field level seat instead of being stuck in the upper deck. But most stadiums? Yeah, gimme a cheap seat and I'll sit where I want.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Same thing at Comiskey.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Comic books

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

True that, I love my Brita

Draft saved Draft deleted