1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to make the leap from BlackBerry to iPhone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Fully aware there are a bunch of threads (2008, 2009, 2010) on the site about the two types of phones, I nonetheless ask: Should I wait for the new iPhone later this month, or just get the newest existing model?

BlackBerry is the only personal cell phone I've owned. I've used other types for work, though. Have never used an iPhone but see a lot of advantages based on friends on co-workers. I figure it's time.

I realize it's an educated guess, but if your phone needs are relatively simple, as mine are, but you want the advantages an iPhone has to offer, is there going to be much difference between the newest version and the soon-to-be newest version?

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If you're just jumping to an iPhone, get the newest one. It has twice the processing power of the original iPhone 4 and a better camera and such.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

But the IPhone 4 will be greatly discounted because its not the newest model.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I've heard that the jump from 4 to 4S is not that great, so you can probably save some dough by getting a 4. However, I am such a gadget geek that I could never knowingly buy a lesser product, even if it was a better value.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Are you completely sold on an Iphone?

If you aren't check into the Android phones too. The HTC Evo (or newer model EVO 3D) or the Droid Bionic can do much of the same things the Iphone can (and probably more).

Of course, it may also depend on your carrier too.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I just changed from the BlackBerry to an iPhone, best decision ever.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Tried the iPhone for a short while, hated it, worst piece of crap ever. Went back to Blackberry. Now the iPhone makes a decent music player if I am ever in the mood.

Touch screens are the spawn of Satan.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'd wait on the new one, if, for no other reason, the camera's gonna be 8 mp vs 5 mp. If you can wait till iPhone 5 comes out next year, then wait for that.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went from Blackberry to cheap piece of crap phone to Motorola Atrix (Droid) and the Droid is so much better than the Blackberry it's not even funny...

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

We had the choice at work between a Blackberry 9900 or an Iphone. I absolutely can't handle touch screens for typing so went with the Blackberry. As lame as this sounds I also have a lot of friends and colleagues on Blackberry Messenger that I wanted to keep in touch with.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think fear of touch screens is the only reason Blackberry is still in business.

If you practice on touch screens an hour a day for a week, it will be easy, and that's from someone with gigantic hands...

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Is what they say about the size of a man's hands true?

Draft saved Draft deleted