1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to enter the top 25,000

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just happened to notice that slappy is about to hit a milestone. OK, I didn't notice. Mitch Albom shot me an e-mail about it. In any event, impending congratulations to the pollmeister.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

And you're about to hit 33,333.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And you're about to hit 2,600.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

And you're about to hit 28,152.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And you're close to 1,000.

6. dooley_womack1

And this is entering Ted McGinley territory.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No chance, Dools. This one flew over the Shark at 35,000 feet from the start.

8. dooley_womack1

Yeah, I know it's as if McGinley were made the star from the start, but still...

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Folks, here's what dools didn't tell you ... Albom's e-mail was written in a moving and  touching fashion as though the milestone had already been passed.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I've crossed the Rubicon...
    When I started here, I pissed off everyone. Now, I piss off everyone but it's expected.
    21 used to jump my giblets... now, she starts threads on her mother just for me (hope she's OK, you haven't ranted in a while.)
    Dooley once said my best line was on Mitch Albom -- the whore to end all whores. I've never forgotten that; or his shenanigans...
    Am just glad to contribute here -- occasionally, it's even meaningful...
    The poll might have been my idea, but it's all your soul... and nothing surprised me more than the card I got for it last season.
    Thank you all for being my friends and my family, even tho Ms. Slappy complains that I spend too much time "with the goobers on the nerd board."
    Hey goobers, we're havin a party on Saturday. You're all invited -- especially John, who hasn;t hit a party yet, and Johnny Dangerously, who could use some good Yankee cookin...
    Football, brats, beer.... football fans outside with two TVs, Satan-worshipers inside.
    Thanks for it all.... and as I think of my No.1 target, ears to you. Friends.

Edit: Geez! I almost forgot the most important thing...

11. dooley_womack1

And slappy is no longer a full member. Come to think of it, full member and slappy in the same reference seemed kinda silly. :D

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OTOH, it might be the only time they made sense...

Draft saved Draft deleted