1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to buy this mac

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0283291

I think this looks like a good deal, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something before plunking down my refund. Since my old one (of 3+ years) went out, I need something soon. Mac experts, let me know what you think please!

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Am I posting this too early for the techies to be out?

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

As always, it depends on what you're using it for. But it's a good computer.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm using a MacBook right now, though mine is the base model that cost a few hundred less.

Other than the cracking issue along the palm rest areas that so many people have had — which have been nicely remedied by a couple of REM stickers — I have had no problems with it. And I'm guessing that the cracking issue has been addressed and taken care of in newer models.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sort of on topic, I've heard quite a few people have had success trying this: http://www.coreyarnold.org/ibook/

Any personal experiences?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is almost exactly the model I'm posting on right now (my work laptop).

No complaints, other than my office has locked most of my software download capabilities. (Which is why I can't download either Limewire or a Flash player that'll let me watch YouTube.)

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Well, I just got out of surgery, and I'm extremely proud to say it was a success! If any of you have logic board problems, give this a try and you should be right back in business.

Really, though, for someone who can't change his own oil, this was a major success.

Draft saved Draft deleted