1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About the There Will Be Blood soundtrack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by finishthehat, Jan 23, 2008.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm somehow not able to post a reply -- I'm getting an error message that says "Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand" -- but maybe this will work as a new (and very brief) thread.

There's a question in the Oscar thread about whether TTWB's soundtrack got robbed of a nomination.

According to Variety, it was declared ineligible because not enough of it was original:

<<<Greenwood’s score contains roughly 35 minutes of original recordings and roughly 46 minutes of pre-existing work (including selections from the works of Arvo Part, as well as pieces in the public domain, sich as Brahms’ “Concerto in D Major”). Peripheral augmentation to the score included sporadic but minima.l useage (15 minutes) of the artist’s 2006 composition “Popcorn Superhet Receiver.”>>>

That is all, unless I can figure out how to solve my posting problem.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Eddie Vedder was also hosed.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I had that problem on a different thread the other day, hat man. And then I didn't. Damnedest thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted