1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About Damn Time Someone Said It.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 16, 2006.

1. http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2006/12/richardson_mcca.html

Look, it's easy to admire McCain, and it's hard not to, but he's a different candidate this time around, and his position on Iraq is nuts on practical grounds, and it's incredibly unpopular -- anywhere between eight and 16 percent approval in any poll I've seen -- politically in the country. Good for Richardson for at least trying to make it an issue.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

It's good to see someone have the courage to state their beliefs on a serious political issue and put their name to it.

3. Agreed, p'ster.
    This is too damn important not to have an honest debate on the subject.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

5. Did he break the great IPod embargo?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not a big Richardson fan... In too many ways, he's a Clinton type of politician. He's a hyena. Poll-driven policy. And he also most certainly has some corruption issues...

But that said... That doesn't mean he's an entirely bad person... I remembered this ad from when he was running for Governor. I thought it was really good, and spoke well of him.

http://www.onlinevideoservice.com/clients/aapc/iraq/aapc.htm

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I see McCain... and I see Stillson from The Dead Zone

8. A hyena, but not totally a bad person.

9. I respect McCain. I really do, which is unusual for me and most politician-types.

That said, what the hell is he thinking ... that we're going to make one last great push and everything will go away? Hasn't he realized yet that this is about more than just the number of guns and troops?

When will some religious leader, just one, stand up and say "Yes, we believe in our religion, but we're not so arrogant that we can't accept other beliefs."

Draft saved Draft deleted