1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abilene (TX) Sports Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Pawtucket_Pat, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think F_B was talking about this job being open again.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Found this: http://reporternews.com/news/2007/sep/29/eagles-outgun-raiders/. But it has a score high up in the story, so I guess they made the fix for the website.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Notice this on the Web page:
    Originally published 12:00 a.m., September 29, 2007
    Updated 06:03 p.m., October 2, 2007

Yeah, updated three days later.

There were about 20 comments originally with this story, too, that trashed the lack of a score. Nuked, all of 'em. Someone has that much free time on their hands?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of my favorite football coaches I've ever covered is from Abilene. Sammy J. Man, what an honor to cover that program in North Roswell.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yes to the second one. Wicked, you always get a pass from me on those deals. :)

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I know Abilene is about three hours from Dallas. ... Does this paper cover the Cowboys?

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

No. Like most papers from similar markets (Amarillo, Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Waco, Tyler, Texarkana, etc.), they used to send writers back in the '90s when the Cowboys were winning. Most of those places quit doing that when the Super Bowl trips dried up.

You could probably get credentials, but any trips would be on your own time and your own dime.

8. Buck Hill

Buck Hill New Member

Hey, puppies. Just wanted to let you know that there is one other person on this site that appreciates good music.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted