1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ABC/ESPN Mirror

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 23, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am curious if this has happened to anyone else...
    Last week, in the 330 ET ABC/ESPN mirror, the ESPN game was blacked out, even though it was supposed to be part of the mirror. So instead of watching Notre Dame and Sparty, I got a black screen on ESPN and some Igiveashit game on ABC ... anyone else had this in the last four weeks?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I had a black screen on ESPN-HD at the exact same time. The regular ESPN worked. My problem might be completely unrelated to yours.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not sure if this fits what you're talking about, but I got one game on ABC HD and a different game on regular ABC last week. If that's the norm, I wasn't aware of it.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My regular ESPN was also blacked out, but DirecTV had it on one of the alternate ESPN channels. I think part of the problem here was that ND-Sparty was listed in the program grid as the game the local ABC affiliate was showing, even though it was really Va. Tech-UNC.

What I really want to know is why the local CBS affiliate has stopped showing Titans games.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

My ESPN "mirror" game is always blacked out. I don't know why, but I'm hoping it changes when I switch cable systems next week.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Va. Tech-UNC was listed as the ABC game here, but we got ND-MSU on ABC and Va. Tech-Carolina on ESPN.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Exact opposite for me.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Had ND-Sparty up here. Wished it was blacked out.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But was your mirror game blacked out on ESPN is my question...

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think so. ND-Sparty was the ABC game. I don't know what the ESPN game was.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

My mirror game was ND-MSU and it was blacked out on 206 but shown on 210 on DirecTV.

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Had the same bullshit blackout problem here. VT-UNC was supposed to be on ABC, with ND-MSU on ESPN. ESPN was a black screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted