1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abby Wambach doesn't like "foreigners"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 17, 2015.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She didn't say what you claim she said.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A certain Republican candidate for president says things 100 times worse than that on an almost daily basis, and millions of Americans think he's a hero for it.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She barely mentioned "foreigners" in a reasonable opinion of about a half dozen reasons why she doesn't think Klinsmann is doing a good job.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

She didn't?

I also believe the way he has changed and brought in a bunch of these foreign guys is just not something I believe in.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Right. She didn't.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't say he was my hero. He's far from it. But "these foreign guys" has a negative ring to it that again, would have gotten a politician in hot water.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

TSP can only hear certain dog whistles apparently.

cjericho, old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Is it possible to say, for example, "I do not believe State U. should rely so much on JUCO players" without having people think you hate all JUCO players?

Of course it is. And that's pretty much where she was going with her point on foreigners.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not liking the changes implemented by "foreign guys" isn't the same as not liking foreigners!

It's like how Baron can love the WWE's racist stereotypes and story lines, but not have an ounce of racism in him.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hilarious. Yuppie, hipster icon saying this. Lot of angst in Brooklyn and The Castro today.

Stoney likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted