1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abba, my semi-offensive Swedish observations and some questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I heard that song on my brother's (Z-Man/Choo Choo) ABBA compilation and had no idea that Bennie and Bjorn recorded something so cool. That is a great song.

Count me among those who dig ABBA, but in small doses. Couldn't listen to it all day or anything.

The cult of ABBA scares me off too, little too foo-foo for my tastes. And what was that movie about the chick obsessed with ABBA? Muriel's Wedding? It sucked harder than Four Weddings And A Funeral, which I maintain is the worst movie ever nominated for a major award.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

But ... but ... Four Weddings and a Funeral was named one of Bravo's 100 Funniest Movies.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck I forgot that. That trumps all good things ABBA. Can we nuke Sweden for IKEA?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Abba is way cool, and Mamma Mia is a hellaciously good musical. See it when it comes to your town.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I can't believe this thread took 11 posts to get an IKEA mention. Thank you, HC.

You and I can watch crime shows, crochet, discuss Tom Wolfe and then go shopping.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sounds good. :D

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's got to be a chromosome thing.

I walk into IKEA and I want to go on a killing spree. I love the signs that point you towards, say, lamps and shades. And you follow the signs for four miles until you get there, and it was right fucking behind you the whole damn time.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Are you kidding? IKEA is like a cross between Sam's Club and Disneyland. Plus they have good coffee for a buck and sell the chocolate advent calendars at Christmas. It's wonderful.

(does this count as the first IKEA-jack of a thread? my apologies to ABBA.)

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As someone who has spent this summer working at IKEA I just want to say that I completely agree with BYH. I can't fucking stand the place and would never buy anything from there even though I get an employee discount. There's so much shit in there that is completely useless, plus even the stuff that could be somewhat useful fucking blows ass when it comes to quality, Fuck-a-buncha IKEA [/rant]

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

And as far as what Ragu is talking about as far as something that can put you in a zone, this school year I couldn't write a paper unless Coldplay was on. For some reason it put me in a paper writing zone and for that reason the first like 10 Coldplay songs on my playlist have all been played over 50 times even though I never listen to them otherwise normally.

12. alanpagerules

alanpagerules Member

Damn, now I have the song Voulez Vous stuck in my head.

It could be a long night ...

Draft saved Draft deleted