1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ABA stringer available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by bdh02, Oct 31, 2006.

1. bdh02

bdh02 Member

If your shop covers the ABA and the team from your town is playing on the road against the Arkansas Aeros, I can help you out. Just let me know and we can talk.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

OK, can you cover the...wait, they just folded. No Tim Hardaway just bought them. No wait, they folded again. Forget it.

3. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Hang on to that Aero media credential....it's sure to be a collector's item...a rarity...just like a paper actually wanting ABA game coverage from the road...(Bon chance, mon ami...)

4. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Do people actually staff those ABA games?

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Had the chance to cover one ABA game. I get there during pre-game warm-ups. A player dunks on a very old goal and it comes crashing down on a ballboy. While the kid was taken to the hospital, he was not seriously injured.

The arena only had two goals and couldn't repair the broken one, so the game was cancelled.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Five replies to an ABA stringer thread? The poor guy that started this is going to be excited, then quite disappointed, when he logs back on here.

7. KP

KP Active Member

He'll get the same feeling every morning when he wonders if his own team folded up shop overnight.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I covered an ABA practice last week.

Nothing says, "Hey, we're a professional league!" like having a team practice in a Police Athletic League gym.

9. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Covered a game once in the reincarnation of the old Eastern League (which has been through so many name changes and reorganizations I have no idea what it is called now -- but it is not unlike this new ABA -- part-time, weekend players, playground style ball, no defense, lots of dunks) .... anyhow, true story ... a guy grabbed a rebound while falling out of bounds and ended up falling through a door into the concession stand.

Draft saved Draft deleted