1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Sorkin creating new HBO show based on reporters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doodah, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It does not 'beg the question.'

It 'raises the question.'

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

This is similar to that/which in that "begging the question" is often misused.

http://begthequestion.info/

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"beg the question" in copy is like "irony." You can assume that 99 percent of the time, it's not used correctly.

4. dooley_womack1

A future sports lede in the Podunk Times

"Christmas came fucking early this year for Jed Smith, who faked the shit out of the East Jesus defense to score the winning goal for West Podunk last night."

5. dooley_womack1

"The victory in the schools' annual dick-measuring contest gave West Podunk a two-game lead over North Bumwood, which fucked up a three-goal lead in a loss to South Scrabbleworth."

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, it would make it easier to accurately quote some of the old-school football coaches ...

7. dooley_womack1

"My boys kicked the shit out of those East Jesus candyasses," West Bumfuck Coach Harley Cockdian said. "They'll be out fucking some cheerleaders tonight, but tomorrow morning, it's back to work for those douchebags."

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dear Abby: My sister and I have always had a good relationship, but recently it has become a bit strained. When our father died, he left us each a small inheritance, and we decided to use it for a family reunion. We split the bill down the middle, but my sister's family is larger and they ended up using one more hotel room and eating more of the food. I feel she should have offered to pay more, but I know if I ask her this much later she will be upset. What would you suggest?

Abby Replies: Fuck her. Fuck her in the ass. Condolences on your father.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You'd have to lift the ban on cursing and racial slurs

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Our copy desk would kill that because of the trite winter cliché.

12. dooley_womack1

Someday, newspapers' comics sections will drop Family Circus and run stuff from The Other Family.

Draft saved Draft deleted