1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Rodgers, Packers QB, not Fudgepackers QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Dec 31, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Someone decided Aaron Rodgers was gay and it spread all over the Internet today. He had to comment on it:

http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-im-not-gay-i-really-really-like-wome-1492412788?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Although the conspiracy folk among us will say that plenty of gay men really, really "like" women.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We know he isn't gay. If he were gay, Favre would have told everybody.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or sent him dick pics.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's a very tolerant thread title.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well be did go to Butt(e) JC.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Be did, did be? :)

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wish athletes involved in domestic assaults received as much questioning of their lifestyles as unmarried athletes who keep their personal life private do.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Whether he is or isn't, it seems like a bad move to acknowledge the rumors.

I tend to think Rodgers knew the question was coming. This was his weekly show where he is paid (a lot) to come on. The radio station also sent out a transcript to every major media outlet after the interview took place, which suggests (at least to me) that Rodgers wanted his denial to get out there. If Rodgers was angered by the question, I don't think the station does this.

I'm going to be curious if he's asked the question later this week when he meets the rest of the media. But if he didn't address the rumors himself yesterday, I seriously doubt he's ever asked about it by the beat writers.

Draft saved Draft deleted