1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Hernandez Still Charged With Murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you want to talk about the evils of reefer, go somewhere else.

Robert Kraft says Hernandez "duped" him and the Patriots.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/07/08/robert-kraft-duped-aaron-hernandez-murder-charge/2499903/

A judge also ruled in favor of several media outlets that went to court to get search warrants and police affidavits in the case released to the public. Hernandez's attorneys are expected to appeal according to CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/08/justice/massachusetts-hernandez-shooting-documents/index.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that, can't figure out why the warrants would need to be sealed.

But remember, Aaron Hernandez is not a suspect at this time.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Does anyone make anything of the reporters Kraft chose as the three to speak to? Herald's Ron Borges, Globe's Ben Volin and ESPNBoston's Mike Reiss.

I guess that seems about right if its going to be limited, Volin's new but I'd guess the Patriots just said "Globe, send 1" and they picked the beat guy, makes sense.

Should it have been limited though?

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Bob Kraft has been duped a lot in the last 10 years.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand. It "should have been" whatever Kraft and the Patriots wanted it to be. Nobody has a right to have a sitdown with Bob Kraft.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The other one was locked for a reason. Doesn't give the OK to just start a new one right away. Let's cool the jets for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.