1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Hernandez -- Guilty of 1st degree murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Apr 15, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I still know nothing about him. No idea what he was in, or even the circumstances surrounding his murder trial. I know he was accused of killing someone - a woman, I think - and that's about it. I didn't know who he was before he was arrested and I'm not someone who follows many of these high-profile murder cases, so I never bothered to read about him. I either tuned out or changed the channel if he was on TV news.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He may not be old enough for Baretta. That was on in the 70's.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Robert Blake was in the Little Rascals, starred in the movie version of In Cold Blood, and later starred in Baretta. He's basically been famous for 70-plus years. I'm not a celeb-obsessed person by any means. I never read People or watch a single minute of Dancing with the Stars. But I do watch and read the news on a daily basis. How people can go through life without doing that boggles my mind. It's like not checking the weather to see if you need an umbrella or a sweatshirt.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He was in Lost Highway. I love that movie, and I even love his character. I just never thought about either enough to put 2 and 2 together.

I think I was 2 when Baretta went off the air.

5. MisterCreosote

It's not like that at all.

6. CD Boogie

And yet it is. Oh there's gonna be a women's march that shuts down half the city? I had no fucking idea

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Never seen either of them. Off the top of my head, I would have thought I never even heard of Lost Highway. After looking it up on IMDB, I've heard of it, but never been a huge David Lynch fan and haven't seen it.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm old. :(

9. MisterCreosote

OK. How does Robert Blake or Aaron Hernandez affect any one person's life in a way that's comparable to a protest shutting down their city or it being cold outside?

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm older! :)

11. CD Boogie

affect their lives is not the same as being packaged as news alongside the weather and mass protests. Really, I need to explain this to a current or former journalist? If I turn on the TV or the radio to catch the weather forecast or traffic, I'm still listening (however passively) to the other stuff. I guess i'm in the minority.

12. MisterCreosote

Why would I listen to or read something I don't care about and in no way affects my life?

QYFW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted