1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Hernandez -- Guilty of 1st degree murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I wonder how far his concession that he was present at the shootings went to him being convicted. The case was so circumstantial I wonder how far that went to pushing the verdict over the top.

Also, how quickly does he appeal this?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No motive. No weapon. Hernandez's other alleged murders not being allowed as evidence or whatever.

But the defense admitting last week that Hernandez was at the scene seemed like a huge deal. Could have been the deciding factor.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not to say I followed it extremely closely, but I read most of the ESPN or Yahoo coverage, and I was pretty certain he was going to be convicted.

And, yes, admitting he was at the scene probably sealed the deal.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the other charges were due to the desire of Boston PD to clear a case and the fear which was prevalent last year that the Lloyd case was too weak for conviction.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I think O.J. would be convicted today. Just my opinion. I think that DNA probably seemed like hocus pocus back then.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Can't wait to read some hot takes on how this will affect his fantasy football stock.

7. JackReacher

@PFTCommenter Notice how no ones talking about deflategate now? Belichick played the long game on this one folks unconventional but affective

8. Mr. Sunshine

The worst part of that is the wrong word at the end.

9. JackReacher

The worst part of that is you not getting his schtick. It's Boom-like.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Oh, I get it. That's why I would be "upset" over the grammar. I get humor. I'm not like most of the dolts around here. :)

JackReacher likes this.
  11. JackReacher

His replies are the best.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Did the jury say "Guilty" or "NFL. Just so u know"?

Draft saved Draft deleted