1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaron Hernandez case, "most damning evidence yet"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 10, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If i was to murder someone, priority 1 seems to be getting rid of the murder weapon.

Regardless of any other evidence, if there is no gun, it sounds like you have a good chance of walking.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is the same brain-dead idiot who broke his cell phone because he thought they then wouldn't be able to acquire his call history.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, I doubt that. I bet people get convicted all the time without the murder weapon. People get convicted without a damn body. It's a big world. If you want to get rid of a murder weapon, you very easily can.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Thanks Dick for the response. I've heard a lot of speculation but have yet to hear an actual motive that would be listed in the probable cause affidavit.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Casey Anthony agrees with this.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Wonder how long Hernandez could have gotten away with playing his Sopranos games had Lloyd not made him suddenly feel all itchy.

Allegedly, I mean.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Really? Interesting. I would have thought otherwise (in regards to how many people haven't heard of the case or formed an opinion).

In just about every case imaginable, the public opinion is going to go against the defendant before the case gets to trial. Heck, that's a good reason to even have trials in the first place. So I suspect finding a group of people who can hear the case impartially is quite a challenge.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In the definition of murder, motive is not an element. Intent to kill is all that is necessary.

Motive explains a great deal; no doubt.

People dismiss "hearsay" as a trivial concept, but legally it needs to be taken seriously, would you want your life to hinge on whether the jury believes that the witness is testifying truthfully about what a 3rd person told a 2nd person who then told the witness testifying?

The evidence against Hernandez is stacking up; what has not even been disclosed is, what do Ortiz and Wallace have to say? They were there, apparently every step of the way. That's what I'd be scared of right now.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The PJ Hairston thing at UNC has a bunch of rental cars involved too. Maybe there is a reason people out "allegedly" doing illegal things use rental cars, but I don't get it. It probably takes cops about an hour to get rental records and start tying vehicles back to people.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe they don't want blood stains in their own cars.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Since Odin Lloyd was black, when will the NY Times get around to calling Hernandez a "white hispanic?"

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why would you automatically assume he learned it from college teammates? He was a gangbanger before he got to Gainesville. He probably learned it from this thug buddies back home.

And that's assuming his fondness for Enterprise, Hertz and Budget has anything to do with his side job as a hit man...

Draft saved Draft deleted