1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aaaaannnnnd we're off ... 2011 storm season begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Feb 23, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Batten down the hatches, ladies and gentlemen. The first major (non-snow) storm system of the year -- at least the first I've been in the States for :D -- is a brewin' .

From Texas to Pittsburgh and Kansas to Huntsville, weather analysts are predicting this one to be a pretty rough event. Tornadoes, large hail, yadda yadda.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the prediction of "an above-average tropical storm season" . . . for about the 49th year in a row.
  3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I just read it'll be as cold as it ever gets here in SoCal. The snow level will reach 500 feet; that means the Valley might get a dusting.
    And, lots of nipples poking through gowns at the Oscars.
  4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

AWESOME!! We just got out of snow, now we get tornadoes! I love Oklahoma!!!!!

No, really I do.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Link please?
  6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think someone is supposed to say "pics or gtfo."
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And predicted snow in San Francisco.
  8. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Storm season is easily in my top five things about my home state. No lie.
  9. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Since I'm going to have to shovel 8-10 inches of snow from this, this is not the beginning of the spring storm season.
  10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We have a pretty solid line of severe thunderstorms headed our way. Just sitting here waiting on it to hit.
  11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I don't have "the camera of the future" so it'll be hard to post today something that won't happen until Sunday.
Draft saved Draft deleted