1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AA charges soldier $100 for extra baggage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jul 30, 2008.

1. SigR

SigR Member

Could someone explain to me how my argument makes me an asshole? Am I being an asshole in the way that I present it? Or am I being an asshole because I don't believe soldiers are entitled to free lunches?

2. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I think it's some people on this board have this preconceived notion that anything you type is "assholish." Personally, I say just stick to your guns. But, hey, that's just me.

3. SigR

SigR Member

To mizz-

This has been my only screenname here. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not trolling, baiting, or making arguments I don't believe in.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You have no redeeming qualities. Your mother should have aborted you. Based on some of your posts, she probably tried.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How about ...

Of course, we don't know your profession. Please share it so we know that you aren't in a shallow profession that attracts those who buy into the superficial world and who never really think about its complexities.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll agree with SigR re: calling him names and spewing insults in lieu of arguing your point. Whether or not I agree w/SigR's opinion, all those throwing out the insults simply because he disgrees with the majority opinion are really making themselves look like morons.

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Well said, SP. Well said.

8. Mizzougrad96

This goes far deeper than just this thread.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Holy shit.

10. Mizzougrad96

After what this puke of a human being posted on the autism thread, it disgusts me that he is able to come back to this board.

In my opinion, there has only been one worse post in the history of this board and the person in question apologized about 1,000 times.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Look, y'all think the guy is insensitive and posts moronic things. I agree with you.

If you can respond to him and restrain yourself from turning it into a nursery school fight, knock yourself out. If you can't, IGNORE him. There's a little button. Every thread doesn't have turn into "You're an asshole," with 20 people chiming in with, "Me too." Most of you (most, but not all) aren't trying to make the board worse on purpose, but it does suck the life out of the board for the majority of people, especially when people are piling on on multiple threads across all the boards. We get it. All the SportsJournalists.com hall monitors hate this guy. EVERYONE gets it.

I'm not locking this thread. So either get used to him and ignore him or find another thread more to your liking. SigR, not a word from you about how nasty everyone is to you. You've made your point about being a martyr multiple times; I don't want to see it on this thread, too. Everyone else, no more "ban him!" or "you're an asshole" posts. Just ignore him.

STOP. Starting now.

12. Mizzougrad96

Well, that shut us the fuck up... :)

Well done Ragu...

Draft saved Draft deleted