1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A year ago today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tonysoprano, Mar 20, 2010.

1. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Emailed some friends, and noticed it was a year ago that some friends said goodbye for good down there in Ft. Worth at the Star-Telegram. A lot of them had noted the anniversary on Facebook, and one even wrote about it on his blog: http://thehigherplaces.wordpress.com/.

Hope for the best for them, and everyone else.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. But ... been just more than a year since a certain paper shut its doors for good. After nearly 150 years.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I remember that news well. I was speechless. I remember thinking, "Hell, it's just time. If the RMN is closing shop, that should tell ya somethin."

As much as I miss my co-workers, the chaos and angst at the end made it unbearable.

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

My whole paper was in SHOCK that day. I can't even describe the atmosphere. It was an icy silence and ultimate realization that doomsday was a lot closer than we ever imagined.

Draft saved Draft deleted