1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A woman's place is ... not on the trading desk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, May 24, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Give me a 48-1-3 of "Diamondbacks' strengths are understandable".

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Area
    team
    good

What else ya got? 8)

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You da (hed-writing) man!

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Ninety-nine percent certainty? If it was so certain that everyone was going to lose ninety-nine percent of the time, why on earth wouldn't you monetize that knowledge? And how has the market trended upward for decade upon decade when everyone is wrong 99 percent of the time? You should have picked a more reasonable number.

I don't know why you're so against macro trends. So much of what drives the markets is public opinion. Do I have a deep understand of Abenomics? Not really, my understanding is pretty cursory, but there's no reason I can't make money on a completely obvious macro trend. If the whole world says the yen's going to be devalued...why shouldn't people trade on that?

I've tried to talk to you about economic issues before. All I'm going to say is...if you are so intractable and so uninterested in alternative points of view...are you doing yourself a disservice by not listening to alternative philosophies? What do you have against those of us who make money in a different way than you do?

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In the last year I purchased a Gilbert O'Sullivan greatest hits-type album on iTunes. He had about five songs in the early '70s that I really loved.

One of the songs I hadn't heard was this one ...

"A Woman's Place"

I heard the first 30 seconds or so and can honestly say I haven't listened to it all the way through once yet.

Check out the comments beneath it and it'll remind you of a politics thread here. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted