1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Whopper with man-cheese?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Burger King franchisee says man's claim untrue that he found a condom in his Whopper

RUTLAND, Vt. (AP) _ The owner of a Burger King franchise says there's no merit to a man's claim that he bit into an unwrapped condom while eating a sandwich he bought there.
    Franchise owner Carrols Corp. of Syracuse, N.Y., said it "is confident that no Carrols employee placed any foreign object" on Van Miguel Hartless' food, the company said in a statement released Tuesday.
    Hartless, 24, of Fair Haven, claims in a lawsuit that he bought a Southwestern Whopper at the restaurant in Rutland on June 18 and made the discovery when he got home and started eating it. The suit, filed last month, seeks damages for pain and suffering, emotional duress and medical expenses.
    The company said it plans to file a formal response to the lawsuit soon.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Burger King has gone downhill so quickly I would not doubt it.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Lotta Subways have gone into the shitter, too. They handed out franchises the way they toss out candy at parades. A good number of them are freakin' terrible.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Isn't that like taking a dive from the ocean floor?

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That's what he gets for ordering a Southwestern Whopper in fucking Vermont. Christ, it's not like somebody took a bite out of it.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My thought exactly.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was wrapped. Maybe someone was sending him a message, or deciding to promote safe sex. What's the problem?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wanted a CONDIMENT, not a CONDOM!

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

It said "unwrapped." It failed to mention, however, whether or not it was chock full of semen.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shitfire.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I call bullshit.

It's McDonalds that has the special sauce.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So Whoppers taste like rubber. What's new?

Draft saved Draft deleted