1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Way To Make Money On The Side

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I only quickly checked to see if this is a D_B because I'm on my way out, but looks like Getty will pay Flickr and its users for photos.

Get clicking shutterbugs!

http://www.geek.com/getty-to-sell-flickr-photos-20080710/

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought this was a thread about what to do when the layoffs hit. Which, of course, would quickly devolve into a thread about male prostitution.

3. I was going to suggest taking a dive on a story...

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

get a little kickback from Johnny Runningback's parents?

5. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I've got a feeling this won't be such a good idea, some photog friends I've talked to tell me Getty is pretty much the great satan of the photo industry. I'm sure Getty will make plenty of $$ out of this deal, but not too many others.

6. Exactly.

"In the 12th graph, you go down. Don't make it obvious."

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I asked one of the photogs I work with for his thoughts on this development: "I'm going to be out of a job soon."

My response: "We all are."

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Marsellus Wallace makes him say it
    "In the 12th, my ass goes down"

9. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Yeah, but I don't think there aren't quite as many people willing to write a story for no pay, like they would just give away a photo, just to see their name in print. I've never quite understood that. Why does someone spend $1000+ on a camera just to give away a photo for nothing?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cool. If these photos are like anything else I've seen on flickr, I look forward to All-Star Game photos Tuesday shot from the very top of the left field upper deck.

Draft saved Draft deleted