1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A warning for Monday night deskers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 19, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The AP TV listings for Tuesday include Monday's NIT games on ESPN.

It's sick that I know that.

I have informed New York.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

AP has fixed 'em.

3. donaugust

donaugust Member

Didn't want to start a new topic just for this but anyone using Doug Feinberg's women's tournament notebook (2nd lede) needs to be careful to catch the it's/its issue, the improper punctuation mark in the lead sentence, the there/their item in the UConn section and ... I forget, something else.

I know this is more of a cranky copy editors post but I thought it might save some people some grief.

4. subhead

subhead Member

On the topic, there's a nit-picky error in today's Names in the Games.

The piece about Busch Stadium says it has been smoke-free in seating areas since 1995, but the stadium just opened last season. It should say something along the lines of the old Busch Stadium was ... etc., etc., blah, blah.

"Busch Stadium will become the 15th of 30 ballparks in Major League Baseball to go completely smoke-free. Smoking has been prohibited in the stadium's seating areas since 1995."

5. donaugust

donaugust Member

Similar issues with this roundup tonight.

"marking the first time a team from the Mid-American conference has advance to the round of 16."

Indecision in the opening section as to whether homecourt (advantage) is one word or hyphenated.

"The Lady Vols' seized leads"

Draft saved Draft deleted