1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A voice and talent that will blow (most of) you away

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Aug 3, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My nephew and his girlfriend have musical tastes that are very in sync with mine. They recently attended a show by an artist that goes by the name "Passenger." I was bouncing around YouTube listening to some Passenger songs and found the song "Let Her Go" covered by a 12-year-old (maybe she's 13 by now) girl named Jasmine Thompson.

The girl has her own channel on YouTube with 52 songs, all of them covers, and they are amazing. She plays piano and guitar. It appears her parents have a sound studio in their house. For now I can't find any stories about her on the internet but I have a feeling she'd going to be very big in the future.

I think the most amazing part of her talent is that even though she's covering songs of others she seems to make them her own. Talented and poised.

I'm betting many of you will enjoy listening.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TantrumJas

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Amazing, indeed. Just beautiful.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Trying to get through all 52 videos but going back to listen again to some of the ones I've already heard.

This one is fun to watch. She and a friend cover the song "Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink, then the boy lip syncs her part and she his part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN1IrC-xRgQ&list=PLD857267888BE674A

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Great voice. Wish I knew like 1 song she is singing. My pop music journey ended in about 2000.

Draft saved Draft deleted