1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Very SJ.com Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Pumpkin soup, filled with leeks, is my favorite TDay dish.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fantastic. And who among us Jewboys doesn't go nuts for kugel ... POTATO kugel!

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm looking forward to Dr. J's first Thanksgiving dinner.

Homemade everything.

4. Peg McNichol

Peg McNichol Member

That sounds so good ... can you post the recipe?

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I would love to stage a coup, but this year it will only be me and the parents. No extended family, brother's too far away. I'm outnumbered.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'm running the Atlanta Marathon on T-Day. After a nap, there will be lots of food and then another nap. Then taking nieces and nephews out for some Friday fun before drinking with my siblings on Saturday.

By the way, I feel it's not so much about the meat and nothing but the meat as it is about using tofu and foo-foo garnishes to cover up an inferior meal. Kind of like... eh, draw your own conclusions.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My disputes with Boom notwithstanding, it's absolutely essential that 21 do a pbp or, failing that, at least a 2,000 word essay on her Thanksgiving.

Last year's may have been the greatest thread ever (well, except for the " We have Liza Minnelli on the plane" thread.)

8. KP

KP Active Member

Wake up with killer hangover, find Dunks, cover some football, go home, and stuff my face.

Turkey (white meat, dark meat, you just can't lose)

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did you bump your forehead and get a bruise?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My Granny doesn't get to do much cooking anymore, which is a shame. She always did Thanksgiving dinner up right, but the best part was the leftover chicken and dumplings she would send home with me. Nothing like freezing your ass off on the 30 minute ride home (Thanksgiving is the first day it gets really obnoxious cold in Tennessee), dashing in from the chill night air, microwaving Granny's care package, and then gobbling up, letting the steaming dumplings melt your insides while you watched somebody (usually Texas A&M) endure a 4-touchdown ass kicking in the ESPN night game. (Followed afterwards by the season's first glass of egg nog in time for the Great Alaska Shootout midnight game). In that one instant, I could feel winter in my bones and be good with it.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dixie, great stuff but what's cold in your neck of the woods? 40? :)

You're right about one thing. The turkey AFTER the main meal is the best.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Turkey and stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwiches on Thanksgiving weekend win the internet.

Draft saved Draft deleted