1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Very SJ.com Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So with Walking Bird Day approaching, and to bring our loving family a little closer, I thought we could exchange regional recipes and/or secrets to spice up our dishes. Someone from Paducah makes his mashed taters a little differently than Boots' woman from Fairfax, and a woman from Pasadena cooks her yams like no one else from Savannah ever has. And stuffin's never been done the same way twice. Not to mention the main feature: turkey. Everyone has an opinion.

Now we all know DyePack takes the turkey out of the bag and throws it straight into the oven without so much a sprinkle of salt or pepper, because it's about the meat, the whole meat and nothing but the meat, flavor bedamned! Just kidding, big guy.

Anyhoo, I hope this thread provides a cornucopia of unique ideas.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My mother-in-law puts oysters in one of the pots of stuffing she makes.

Total bullshit.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I actually have a great recipe for Thanksgiving dinner, and you can find it here:

http://www.bostonmarket.com

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

That IS delicious!

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

We've been frying our turkey the past few years and it always turns out great.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving was a month ago. :)

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. You just knew that was coming, didn't you?

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I need that 5-piece tableware set.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

F* Thanksgiving. I'm holding out for Festivus. And I've got the pole ready.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

When it comes time to air the grievances, I've got a list that will choke a fucking horse.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've got my parents coming in from Minnesota, Ms. Slappy's parents, her brother and sister-in-law (who needs a big steaming mug of .... whenever we're together), another couple and their kid, and us -- 12 if you're keeping score at home, counting the 9-month old niece....all in our little house in Parts Unknown
    Fortunately, I have plenty of Jack....

Draft saved Draft deleted