1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A very private, intimate ceremony

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It usually takes at least 3-4 weddings to get up to a 27-member bridal party.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Did the White House send an envoy? A gift? Dispatch a drone?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I believe the White House sent this guy.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. W and I were joking about that. Was the courtship done on the train? Did the groom ride the train to ask permission from Biden and have to hear a bunch of stories about growing up in Scranton?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

DD I usually respect your political opinions, but on this one I don't see it. I think Biden is a great asset to Obama and they compliment each other well. I still think that Biden would have made a great President.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't tell who is being serious and who isn't...

Having a small wedding is almost impossible for many of us who aren't related to the vice-president of the United States.

Biden basically had two options. The couple elopes or this... I don't think he even came close to doing anything wrong...

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm missing the sarcasm font on some of these posts, but I'm pretty sure DD was being sarcastic.

8. Mizzougrad96

The only thing worth criticizing here is the lead to the story, which was probably the point of YF's original post...

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Anyone who has a 27-person bridal party is nuts. Period.

Those are people who start every other sentence with, "My buddy Joe ..." or "my BFF Joan ..."

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As mentioned earlier, we aren't sure if 27-person bridal party means 27 bridesmaids or six bridesmaids, six groomsmen, five ushers, four flower girls, four candle lighters and two ring bearers.

Given some weddings I've attended, with 200 guests the former situation would be considered modest.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Even the Bride's mother mad fun of the size of the wedding party:

And, there is an AMTRAK angle to the story!

Jill Biden agreed to be interviewed on the condition that the information be kept private until today.

LOL. What a scoop! Good job News Journal.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, Inky, you must be going to some big, Republican weddings down in Texas.

Four candle lighters? LOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted