1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A very private, intimate ceremony

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Jun 3, 2012.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I guess that explains the shitty turnout at Doer for NASCAR today.

2. THIS ...
    The bride's father needs to have his head examined.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's a big effin bridle party.

4. How many do you think were 7s or better?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

200 is not big by any stretch. 27 in the bridal party is pretty big, but if that includes ushers, greeters, flower girls, ring bearers that number can get high very easily. I was at one wedding where there were 15 groomsmen and 15 bridesmaids. That was insane... My cousin had a wedding where he wanted all of his cousins as groomsmen. There were 12 of us in addition to five of his friends. To even it out, there were bridesmaids who had never met the bride, but were related to my cousin or were dating one of the groomsmen.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Either you were typing that while standing on your head or I need to turn my screen upside down.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is there a correlation between the size of one's wedding party and one's ego?

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have been to a wedding at The Plaza in NYC that had about 200 people attending. The cost of the wedding was around $250,000.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would say it's insecurity more than anything. With my cousin, he couldn't draw a line and say, "I'm going to ask this person to stand up, but not ask this person..."

In other cases it becomes "Look how many friends I have..."

What's funny is the weddings I've been at with huge wedding parties it always seems to be the guy who is the reason the wedding party is so big...

10. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I don't think this wedding bodes well for the Obama-Biden ticket in the fall.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I have some concerns. How out of touch does this make Biden seem guys? I'm really concerned this could be a huge moment. Someone unconcern me.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I wish I could, but I share your concern.

Who does Biden think he is, anyway?

This wedding should have been conducted on Amtrak, with tuna sandwiches and Tab to follow.

Draft saved Draft deleted