1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A very grand post

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jun 6, 2008.

1. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Well thank you, Mr. Ragu. Posts such as that make me wonder why people write the things they do when referring to you.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Uncle Jesse is from Full House, Dools. But you chose George, and George is who you're going to get.

Thanks for playing.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, I did say I never got into Dukes, to the extent of not knowing its characters real well.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fair enough, good sir.

5. I think we need a running Quest for 2,000 posts thread for Mustang, Baron and Budcrew.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll call the play-by-play.

7. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Quest 2K: In search of the first significant post.

I kid, I kid. :D

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'm sure there's a few significant posts between the three of us. I bet you can count them without taking your shoes off, but I'll bet there is. ;)

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

From personal experience, I have to be interested in the topic when I read Ragu's posts in order to actually read them. And it's got nothing to do with the length; it's the format. The words, to me, jump out like one or two big blocks of text, and they're intimidating to the eye. That's not to say he's wrong in doing so -- everyone's got his or her own stle; it just doesn't flow well with me.

10. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I think Hank has a fine point.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I saw a video once in which Ragu was portrayed as a talking jar of pasta sauce.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That was perhaps the best non-dance one I've ever seen on You Tube.

Draft saved Draft deleted