1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Very Addictive Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Philosopher, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

A friend of mine recently introduced me to this game called Cybernations, which has been a lot of fun. You create a nation, build up technology and soldiers, get into wars, and eventually build nuclear weapons. I just got my first nukes a few days ago.

Fun stuff. Especially if you join a big alliance of 100+ nations and attack other ones. :D I made a nation in Khazakstan (go Borat!) and joined a big alliance. All the intrigue is pretty cool.

Just thought I'd pass it along, since a post like this on another message board is how I first found out about it.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yep, just what I need, another computer game addiction....

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oooh wait...I can nuke other countries? Sweet Jesus, just the thing to feed my narcissism AND my competitiveness!

4. Sounds a little like Sid Meier's original Civilization. ... a game that provided much-needed procrastination during many a final exam in college.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I remember I bought the original Playstation during finals week one time. My roommate about killed me.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Civilization rules. I have a couple editions of it, including IV. You build up from a barbarian tribe to trying to win the space race (which I have yet to do before the cutoff date of 2050). It's impossilble to play for less than a few hours at a time.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What do you do when non-uniformed terrorists attack civilians in your nation, then try to hide behind the Geneva Convention, which was never written with them in mind?

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's easy. Spy on your own citizens and suspend the rights of habeas corpus.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"Do you know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine."

"I come from Ukraine. You not say Ukraine weak."

"Yeah, well we're playing a game here, pal."

"Ukraine is game to you?! Howbout I take your little board and smash it!!"

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was in Target today with my boys and saw STRATEGO!!! and almost bought it (unfortunately boys are only 5 and 7, so too young.) Now that was an addictive game.

I kicked my addiction of Tetris somehow in the mid '90s and thankfully have stayed on the wagon since.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Wow. I thought I was the only geek SportsJournalists.com member on cybernations, which I just happened to find while surfing during work hours.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Hmm, this looks similar to www.nationstates.net (which is fun for 2 weeks, and then gets old)

Draft saved Draft deleted