1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A uniquely SJ.com Super Bowl betting game!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In terms of physical similarity: Frankenstein + Manning.

Too easy.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

NUMBER OF POSTS ON THE SUPER BOWL RUNNING THREAD BETWEEN 5 P.M. FEB. 4 AND 1 A.M. FEB. 5: 435.5 OVER

NUMBER OF POSTS BY COLUMBO ON THE SUPER BOWL RUNNING THREAD DURING THIS TIME: 435.5 118.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF TIMES COLUMBO CALLS SOMETHING HE'S JUST SEEN THE GREATEST THING EVER: 5.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF TIMES BYH AND COLUMBO HURL INSULTS AT ONE ANOTHER: 10,915.5 9.5 OOOOOOOOOOOVER

NUMBER OF TIMES BYH CALLS PEYTON MANNING A FRAUD: 11.5 OVER

NUMBER OF TIMES BOOM MAKES A KAREN CROUSE CRACK: 8.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF TIMES SOMEONE POSTS A FRANKENSTEIN PICTURE WHEN TALKING ABOUT REX GROSSMAN: 3.5 OVER, but because of the quote factor

NUMBER OF TIMES BEARSSportsJournalists.com DEFENDS TANK JOHNSON: 7.5 OVER

NUMBER OF TIMES ANGOLA DECLARES THE SEAHAWKS SHOULD HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR: 111.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF TIMES OZ AND OUTOFPLACE TELL ANGOLA TO LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD: 111.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF TIMES SLAPPY MAKES A MATT MILLEN CRACK: 4.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF TIMES JDV SAYS SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF HOW HE PROVABLY AND DEMONSTRABLY ONCE THREW A BALL OVER THAT MOUNTAIN: 4.5 OVER, and he'll probably use 964 words to say it. OVER on that one too.

NUMBER OF TIMES YAWN COMES ON AND REMINDS US WE'VE ALL FORGOTTEN ABOUT NEW ORLEANS: 2.5 UNDER

NUMBER OF REFERENCES MADE HERE TO CROWN THEIR ASSES: 3.5 WAY OVER

NUMBER OF TIMES RAMBO POSTS SOMETHING NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND: 35.5 PERPETUALLY

NUMBER OF TIMES SOMEONE REFERENCES BARBARO IN A COLTS POST: 6.5 UNDER, but this is the toughest call yet

NUMBER OF TIMES SPORTSCHICK EXPRESSES HER LOVE FOR PEYTON MANNING: 107.5 Over in a true, ahem, slobberknocker

NUMBER OF TIMES ARCHIE MANNING IS CAPTURED ON CAMERA: 1,763.5 OVER

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, me too..

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I just don't like the idea of this. Too many members betting on themselves.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Another category:

HOW MANY SUPER BOWL THREADS WILL THERE BE ON SportsJournalists.com TODAY? 1,372 54

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shhhhhhh, SteelernationSportsJournalists.com is secretly plotting at this very hour.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

dude, I love Peyton WAY more than Peyton-come-lately sc.

He's not even stubbly!

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How come IJAG has a picture of a 16-year-old boy in her sig and is talking about buttlove... just noticed that on this thread...

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wrong. BYH was talking about buttlove.

I just recorded it for posterity.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you for clarifying that... sometimes, my vision is like Matt Millen's... myopic

four

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

No over/under on which tunes Prince will play? I'm saying "Let's Go Crazy," "1999" and something newer, like from the 2005 album.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I would just like to say sorry to everyone that bet the over on me bringing up the Seahawks as true 2006 or 2005 - depending on how you view it - Super Bowl champs, I only posted three times during the game and I am truly sorry.
    But, if the voting keeps going over night, then I think I can make it happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted