1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A true, heartfelt thank you to Big Buckin' agate_monkey and Mike311GD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Jan 12, 2008.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I love Wicked! :D

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The spoofs were better.

3. Dedo

Dedo Member

Man, y'all are being a little tough on Seven Mary Three (fun fact: they took their name from Jon Baker's call sign on CHiPs). They were an underrated band, with three decent albums, and several solid hits.

Nice call on The Toadies as a one-hit wonder, even though I always enjoyed "Tyler," their creepy song about a stalker.

As for other one-and-dones in the 90s, how about "Cannonball" by The Breeders? That was an intoxicatingly cool tune.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I love "Cumbersome." I've never heard another one of Seven Mary Three's songs, but that one was solid.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The only version of Hey Ya that didn't make me want to murder was the Supersuckers' version.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Now, if only they can help me with that jazz track from the Jaguar commercials that had the actor from "Jumping Jack Flash" in them. Low bass hum, three staccato trumpet blasts, then some hard drums ... anyone? anyone?

Oh, and Mike, you can smell your nuts? dayum ...

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, I was so fucking confused on that one until I scrolled up. Two days ago seems like forever ago. And yes, I can smell my nuts. They're not lovely.

8. novelist_wannabe

It'll cost you man points, sure, but I'm sure they've got something for that at Bath and Body Works ...

9. Slash

Slash Member

Wasn’t there some controversy about the shower scene at the end of the Popular video. Something like it implied one of the guys was gay or something.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't walk by that store without wanting to take my own life. And I don't have many man points to lose, either. I'll stay with the stink.

11. novelist_wannabe

I'm just sayin', if you walk in there and come clean -- literally and figuratively -- a fellow patron on the other side of the hormone spectrum might take notice to the point that your epic drought will be over. Never can tell what might happen.

Now, about that song I've been looking for ...

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

First of all, no soap is going to help me get laid. But thanks for looking out for me, sir.

Second of all, I'm not familiar with the commercial, but I found this article with a Google search of "Jaguar jazz commercial": http://www.slate.com/id/2133198/; and this one, too: http://www.rhadish.com/?p=1248.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted