1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A true, heartfelt thank you to Big Buckin' agate_monkey and Mike311GD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Jan 12, 2008.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

odd thing is, after the big 'one hit', nada surf has become a critical darling. i'm so-so on them

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

When I first saw the video, which depicts Bayone (NJ, I believe) High, I had a weird tie to it because its where my cousins attended high school while my uncle, who was nearing the end of his career in the Air Force, was briefly stationed there.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And your hair? Wash it at least once every two weeks. Once every two weeks.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In the meantime, let's welcome knickfan.

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Wow, that was one of the lamest alternative songs of the 90s, right up there with "Pepper" by the Butthole Surfers.

6. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Primitive Radio Gods "Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand" was just as lame as "Popular" and "Pepper."

God, there were a lot of lame alternative rock songs in the late 1990s.

7. Walter_Sobchak

See, there's where you're wrong. Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth was awesome.
    My freshman year roommate in college was obsessed with that song, and always made me play the MP3 on my computer.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I always enjoyed the Crash Test Dummies' "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm."

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

And if you see Johnny football hero in the hall, tell him he played a great game; tell him you liked his article in the newspaper.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Perhaps no song gives a worse representation of the band that wrote and performed it than "Popular." The only other contender I can think of is Harvey Danger's "Flagpole Sitta."

No other Nada Surf song sounds anything like this one, and the band's past couple of albums are outstanding. I'm really looking forward to their new album in February.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Dynamite Hack's "Superfast" belongs in the team picture.

12. Walter_Sobchak

Before Sugar Ray went all suckstatic, they were a metal/hardcore band. "Fly" stuck out like a sore thumb on that album.

Draft saved Draft deleted