1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A trip to God's country: Long live Michigan's U.P.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Should Coco, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

True. But it will literally take you more than a week to eat two, so you could freeze two if needed.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They freeze and reheat pretty well.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me ... hey, I didn't say I love EVERYTHING about the U.P.!

But I had the last laugh when those Pack-backers tortured me with green-and-yellow food coloring pancakes at a fundraising breakfast on Super Bowl weekend. Because at the end of that 1998 day:

Denver Broncos 31, Green Bay Packers 24

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Food-colored Packer food? This video is (sort of) for you! :D

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember "pasties" from England (pronounced the same), but I didn't know it was the same thing. The ones in the convenience stores there are basically rebadged Hot Pockets.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I'm partial to Trenary Toast.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good stuff, Bubs ... what a whiner. I'll eat burgers, brats, etc. with football fans of any stripe, any time at a tailgate party or backyard barbecue. :)

That said, I recall that our basic cable channels in Manistique (you had to have some sort of cable subscription, or you didn't get any TV stations to come in) had two Fox stations specifically so Packers and Lions fans could both see their teams on Sunday. That was the only reason for it.

As a Bears fan, that meant I got to watch my boys at least four times every season. Unfortunately, the Bears were God-awful in the late 1990s.

Draft saved Draft deleted