1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A tradition unlike any other...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 8, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A.) Blasphemy for daring to say a bad word about Mark Grace.

B.) Any list that doesn't have Hawk Harrelson No. 1 is no list for me.

3. Joe Morgan would hit this list rolling, much like a site poster would hit the ground rolling after leaping from a bedroom window when the teen's daddy returned home.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But enough about CradleRobber.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think CR's far too cool to get caught like that. He'd be outta there long before dad came home.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, we all know BYH would ... 8 seconds and all.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

HE GONE! Grab some bench! (sorry IJAG!)

8. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

My favorite Tim McCarver moment came during the 2004 ALCS (I think). He said something to the effect of, "I think even Tim Wakefield would say that Tim Wakefield got to Tim Wakefield tonight."

Such pure, horrible McCarver that I'm pretty sure any baseball fan would know who said it without attribution.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any list without Sterling in a seperate Olympian category of his own fails the credibility test (to say nothing of the automatic gag-reflex test).

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Still a good read for the wit. And we can just say the omission of Joe Morgan was because they didn't want to put the professionals with the amateurs, like every school the misses the Top-10 of Playboy's party schools try to claim (the Ohio State, I'm looking at you)

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And you can put it on the boooooooooooooooard, YES!

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Never understood the McCarver hate. Also, classy of Maxim to rip on a stroke-addled Ralph Kiner.

Draft saved Draft deleted