1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A tradition like no other: The 2006 Idaho MilkBowl Pickems Contest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Nov 15, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow, Xan.

You gave that all the electricity of a one-hour episode of Blossom.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

One of my wish-list pet projects -- had I stayed in Idaho -- would have been to follow the Sho-Ban football team around for an entire season and write a long series/book on the experience. They're an Indian Reservation team and have all the stereotypical social problems affecting the community. They usually have about 15-20 kids show up for the first week and have about 10-12 for the last week. and they almost always have a record of something like 2-8.

I just think there would be so many compelling stories to tell right down from the coaching staff's job to keep the kids motivated to the poverty level preventing the kids and the school from having decent equipment.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My heart isn't filled with a large amount of electricity these days. Anyone who knows me can tell when I'm happy and when I'm not happy by the intensity of what I write. I'll try to be more electric, like Six, in my postings.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just thinking about Six puts a charge into you, doesn't it.

You just know she took it in the ass.

5. Songbird

It does, indeed. After Kelly Bundy and the SoloFlex girl from circa 1993, Six was next on my lust list.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

All or nothing, can't go halfway. I went 6-1 or 5-2 last year, I forget which. One game off the winner, I know that much.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You know, someone should do this in Texas, where high school football is huge. Maybe even in a racially diverse community too.

8. Songbird

Actually, Hank, there's a story that ought to be told about a SE New Mexico city of 50,000 that has two 6-man schools, and how clashes of religious ideology made it all happen. It would be a very good book.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Pocatello beats Bishop Kelly, 30-0.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hahahahahahaha, that is some funny shit. Way to send Brennan out with a loss BK.

I am 2-0!

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Council 48, Genesee 22
    Carey 50, Salmon River 20

Lake City is up 21-7 in the third quarter and Firth is up 40-7 in the second quarter.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Those two finals run me to 4-0, now if Highland would just rally I could go undefeated.

Draft saved Draft deleted